bienvenue sur mon blog~

So as the title said, I, the sort-of-certified-JE-fan-specialized-on-hey-say-jump-b.i-shadow-and-nyc-50%-fangirl and 50% soon-to-be teacher (with addition of 0.01% daughter and big sis) is welcoming u 2 read my rants on RL, on fangirling and random stuff.

Enjoy ur stay here...

Sunday, July 06, 2014

They came to Malaysia without telling us, but whatever!

Consider I am late because only in March I am able to watch Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo: Gokumon Juku Satsujin Jiken. Let’s just say, unlike Kindaichi Hong Kong Kowloon, no one so far had done hardsubs for Kindaichi Gokumon. And you can say I am expecting them to air it in one of the Malaysian TV channel because the filming was done in Malaysia and the production collaborated with Media Prima to complete filming in Malaysia. So, if any TV channel in Media Prima did not air Kindaichi Gokumon, they don’t have to accept the invitation to collaborate from the production. Simple. :P Anyway, this is my second time watching and compared to the first time, it has subs in Malay and yes, it was aired in ntv7, a Malaysian TV channel under Media Prima. J


yes, being aired in Malaysian TV with original Japanese dubbed. thank you.

Anyway, back to the Kindaichi Gokumon. In short, this SP tells the story of the trio (you know who they are, LOL) attending a summer prep school organized by Gokumon Academy and the venue for summer prep school this year is in Malaysia. Murder occurrences happened during their stay in Malaysian forests where the summer prep school was held where 6 students were killed during their stay. Kindaichi suspecting Puppeteer, his archenemy is the one behind the murder.

Now to the reviews. Unlike Kindaichi Hong Kong Kowloon, Kindaichi Gokumon is way complex and way confusing if you were not focusing from the beginning of the story. Which is why Kindaichi Hong Kong got some unpleasant reviews. Injustice, I must say, because Hong Kong Kowloon case looks like too simple. Gokumon, however, there are lots of details had been pointed out and planned carefully to bring the excitement and the thrill of solving the most detailed case ever. Each and every alibi was made to make it look like it was made but it was actually isn’t there. And the watchers were involuntary invited to think together with Kindaichi on how to solve the case. It’s complicated, almost as the same as most cases in CSI US edition. I myself, after two times watching, tho I know who is the culprit, I still don’t get it on how those details connected. Maybe because I wasn’t focusing too much during the SP, gah!

The characters, however there are contradictions between the live action SP and the manga. Or maybe it is just me, because all characters are working well. Saki Ryuji (a.k.a Arioka Daiki of popular idol group, Hey! Say! JUMP *for those who don’t know who the heck it is, LOL*) had his spotlight in here as his character is the one who was attended the same prep school the year before and the witness of the bullying incidents happened in that prep school. Once again Kindaichi Hajime and Nanase Miyuki (a.k.a Yamada Ryosuke and Kawaguchi Haruna) were not that much exposed in this SP but it was a little bit justice in Kindaichi’s part because the Puppeteer (a.k.a everyone’s favourite sexy villain actor, Narimiya Hiroki *flails*) is the one inviting him to the prep school. I did said in Kindaichi Hong Kong Kowloon review that both Kindaichi and Yamada aren’t exposed well in the said SP. In Kindaichi Gokumon, Kindaichi’s taking part in a lot of the occurrence thus making justice of this notable character since he is the main character. Also, this is a teen detective SP. TEEN detective SP. So, expect some romance scenes. Or it is just Kindaichi and Miyuki having a long distance relationship (sort of, LOL) and Saki just praised his senpai because he is able to stay strong despite the so called ‘long distance relationship’. Does Saki doesn’t know that his senpai is just too afraid to admit that he is in love with his own childhood girlfriend this made those remarks? Duh, it was so obvious, you genius brat!

and I strongly believe Miyuki also felt the same to Kindaichi. 

Speaking about the cast lists. The trio, once again consists of notable faces from all around Asia, including Amy Mastura from Malaysia. Hey, that’s fine tho! We are okay with it, tho we want Aaron Aziz too. LOL. Narimiya Hiroki joined the cast list as Kindaichi’s nemesis, is just so perfect. Way perfect. I don’t know how evil is this Takao guy but I am sure the productions had done well in picking Narimiya-kun. Really. He’s the best! And I am not biased!

In my opinion, you cannot feel the ultimate evil unless if this person is emitting it. Ne, Nari-san~

Another person I would like to point out is Arioka Daiki. Being sidekick is just boring, I know. He had done well doing that in Kindaichi Hong Kong Kowloon. In Kindaichi Gokumon, I was expecting him to go beyond ‘being Kindaichi’s genius realistic sidekick’ and he got that throughout the involuntary involvement of Saki Ryuji in the case as the one who had attended the prep school before. Again, if you believe in rumours, I still prefer him over Chinen Yuri for Saki Ryuji’s role. He had the ‘Saki Ryuji’ more in him than Chinen. Period. (And believe me, I am still laughing over the rumoured cast during Kindaichi Hong Kong Kowloon era in which they predicted Jang Geun Suk, Chinen Yuri and Kawaguchi Haruna in the cast list! They were right about Haruna ONLY! *rolling on the floor laughing*).

Daiki: ZRC-chan! Say that again and I'll punish you. I am serious.

No, you can't. I'll always bring this fact up everytime I talk about Kindaichi ok. Bear with it. 

Kudos also to other casts too like Wu Chun and Kazuki Kitamura. I also praised the actor who played the role of Doujima-sensei too. As for Yamada and Haruna, I must say, the chemistry between the two characters is getting better compared to Kindaichi Hong Kong Kowloon. Both of them aren’t that awkward against each other and as the romance part, god, I felt the ‘kyun’ even though it wasn’t portrayed straightforward and obvious but you know obviously that they had a ‘thing’ on each other. Nah! Kindaichi and Miyuki, I mean~ *runs away*

and I am expecting any developments after Hong Kong Kowloon but nah~ 

Girls, IDC if you guys are jealous but Haruna is one lucky girl and she is my girl and she had Yamada. So? *shrugs*

What else? The theme song? It’s ‘Ride with Me’ by Hey! Say! JUMP. One word. Eargasm. Especially if you love the traditional fusion type of music that m-flo always done in their songs. I don’t want to say much, have a listen to it.


Not the best quality. But be surprised because no one had deleted this vid yet. 

Overall, this new installment of Kindaichi is better compared to Kindaichi Hong Kong Kowloon. No offence but I love this more. Next installment, please. Make Kindaichi and Miyuki confess to each other then. If they had to kiss, do it! *evil laugh* and I bet you, it’s all ‘Harry Potter’s first kiss feeling’ thing coming in you if that happens. Really. Except if you are jealous enough of either both because Haruna is a lucky girl and Yamada is your ‘precious’ idol. *shrugs* Byebye~

Hajime: Did ZRC-chan told you that we'll be back, more funny, more genius, and more pervert? *get whacked by Miyuki*  

And I would like to take the opportunity to tell you that the hottest trio in town will make a comeback to your small screen and filling your Saturday night feels. Catch 'Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo N (Neo), starting 19th July 2014, with two-hours first episode special, Saturdays, 9 pm (JST) only on NTV. 

p/s: I am starting to lost my writing skills. teehee~ bear with me. 
(c) to the pic and video owner

No comments:

Post a Comment